This was a very, very good week. Truth is, I was so happy to leave Funes. It was a really dead beat town with all dirt roads and Ii was excited to get back to the big city life of ParanĂ¡. I really love this area. I really wouldn't even mind staying here for another transfer after this, because I love my new companion right now as well. Its been getting colder in the morning and nights here, but during the days have been fine. But where we live is air conditioned in the winter and heated in the summer. I had fun going around and taking Hermana Young to all the people in this area, explaining every ones story, and so on. People live VERY dramatic lives here, I think by far more dramatic than in the United States.
With Hermana Young, we cook a lot more. Maybe its normal for her, but for me its a different world. I am getting a lot more confidence that I will be a better cook when I get home! Hooray! We also practice Spanish a lot more with each other. I have no idea why, but I feel like my understanding of Spanish went from 50% to 85% this week. No idea why. But as I took her to people to talk and meet them they would be like "man your Spanish has gotten so much better, you used to be terrible at speaking Spanish!" yes, they are pretty blunt here. But I have just come to love it.
We did a very fun activity this week with our ward. It was called "noche de talentos", basically like a talent show. It was SO fun, and everyone who did a talent was very good at it. There were a few bands that members in the ward were part of, so we got to meet lots of new people. A group of little girls did a gymnastics routine to a bunch of songs and it was so cute. I love activities here so much. And I was so impressed too with the talent here. PLUS plus plus, I finally understood what was being said in the songs. Your world changes when you can finally start understanding everything!
The greatest miracle this week was with Walter and Soledad. I've mentioned them before in other emails, they are the family with the dad as an atheist and the mom is catholic. I brought Hna Young to meet them, and it was fun to chat, then we started talking about the scriptures and everything they have been reading and such. Walter reads, but he never prays. It is SO crucial to pray to your Heavenly Father in order to receive the answers, but he won't pray because he doesn't believe that He exists. That has been a problem for us. I knew that going in, but as we were leaving I tried asking "who would you like to say the prayer" and I think I messed up because he said "you want me to say the prayer? uh.....fine OK" and he did! Right in front of us! His FIRST prayer ever! After he seemed a little surprised at himself, but it was a beautiful prayer. That was a huge step we were waiting for him to take, and now i believe it will be easier for him to pray on his own. I was just so happy that day. Wonderful Miracle.
Last night I had a dream that I was home and I opened my cupboards and all I saw was a million different kinds of cereal and in my dream I started crying. I really miss cereal a lot....
Well I love you all! And I just got Eliesa's letter with her news, she didn't put a return address so I will write a letter later but let her know I say CONGRATS and that her and her boy look like a very chic couple.
beso beso
hermana collins
No comments:
Post a Comment