Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A little Lesson in Patience

A few years back (I cannot put a date to it)
I had the thought of maybe someday serving a mission.

Just shy of a year ago, I
took a mission prep course, keeping in the back of my mind the small possibility that I could someday go and serve the Lord.

2 Months ago,
I prayed. Not at all asking if I should go on a mission, but that was my definite answer.

6 weeks ago,
I had my first interview.

19 days ago,
I walked out of the stake presidents office--and a day later he pushed the OKGO button.

Yesterday,
all my mailbox had was an Ikea magazine.

To some, this all may sound very fast. But to me, the wait is killing me. I guess this is one of those lessons you learn before you go out and serve, that important things take time.

D&C 4

Now behold, a marveous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white and ready to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

Remember Faith, virue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

Ask, and ye shall receive. Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.


{I think on my bucket list of things to do before I go,
one is to memorize this section. It's one of my favorites}

No comments:

Post a Comment