Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Trek Home

On Friday, I made my departure home with my great friend Eliesa. As most of you know, that is a unscenic, long, boring drive from Salt Lake to Portland. Well, really it is pretty bad till LaGrand, then it gets gorgeous. But when it was light for us, we were traveling through this:

Ya. It was pretty much this for 400 plus miles.

But I made it home!!! It has been very nice so far. I love how green and lush it is in Wilsonville and it has been great seeing all my family friends and such. On Saturday, Sam and I did a run on the Portland Waterfront and it made me remember why I love Portland so much. It really is an incredible city.

And the other most exciting thing about being home is preparing for my mission! I went shopping a little bit on Saturday (more of that will happen today) and on Sunday I talked with many people in my ward about it. I am STOKED!

Also at church, we had a farewell for 2 Elders in our ward, and a homecoming for one other. The sacrament meeting was amazing. Our bishop got up right after all the talks and he just talked about the strenght of the youth in this ward. He said that we had 11 missionaries serving! I was blown away. That is incredible. He mentioned how they were serving from Brazil to Houston, Italy, Japan, Phenoix, Guana, Costa Rica, Manhatten, and soon to be Argentina. I am so proud to join this group of amazing people. It is such an honor to grow up with them, see what dingle-birds they all were, and then for them to prepare for a mission and just grow and be a true disciple of God.

86 days till I walk into the MTC. But whose counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment