Man it was good to call home. I really loved hearing everyone's voices. Now for the updates.
This week we have been doing a lot of service, which to me is SO much fun. We have been painting at this huge park right by the Centro here. I love it so much, we have painted the playground and even got to do some designs on the swings and slides and such. Plus its fun for when people come up to us and ask what we are doing, its a really good opportunity to share a little message of the gospel with them. I have had a blast serving! Ill try to attach pictures.
Minus the fun service and the wonderful love the members always show us, i think we have contacted every butt-munch that lives in the world. Turns out they all live on this one particular street here in ParanĂ¡. We contacted one lady who lectured us on and on about how us American girls had no right to be here in Argentina and we should just go back on a plane to where we came from. It was weird. And we also contacted this man who said we had nothing to do with Jesus Christ and that we were liars and needed to repent. Ya that was a weird contact. When he said that the first thing that went through my mind was "oh my gosh i understood him completely word for word!" and then the next thought was "wow, that was really rude!" but we kept our heads up and just kept working, just like Jesus would do.
I went in a Catholic church for the first time in my life this week too, it was interesting to see. Very elaborate.
Sorry I don't have much more to say, the gross meal of the week was rice and peas mixed with more mayonnaise than you ever want to believe people put on their food. with a layer of mayo on top. Whats up with the mayo?!?
I know this church is true and that Jesus is our Savior. I hope all you wonderful mothers out there had a wonderful mothers day!
Besitos y brazitos
Hermana Collins
ps i saw Maddie Fords twin, like identical. it was crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment