Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Hoppy Birfday Momsie!

In honor for my wonderful mother, I wrote her a poem. Here it tis:

Due to the slow process of mail
Getting this to you on your birthday will surely fail
But no matter when this poem does come
I hope it reminds you that your an excellent mum

All of your talents are far supreme
To start, when you were little you could flip on a balance beam
Your athleticism continued as you always run in the morn
Doing yoga with you leaves all my muscles torn

Two prom dresses, head bands and shirts
Blankets, dolls, sweaters and tie-skirts
Just name anything and away you will sew
You know, with those skills you could make serious dough
"Where did you get that? Antrhopologie or J. Crew?"
"Nope. My mom made this." ..."Wow, lucky you."

Claiming you can't cook, well I find that to be wrong
Besides when you tried to kill the missionaries with a meat testing prong
Your garden is amazing, especially the deer know this
And your a great mother to Spot, EmilyBird, and Bliss

My favorite is when I call Wednesday mornings at 9:32
And you say "Hill, I gotta go, they're opening Red, White, and Blue!"
Ninety percent of our outfits come that store
It keeps us looking stylin and not like a.....bore

I've only been on Earth with you for less than half your life
But in that time you've made the best mother, and to dad and stellar wife
Not seeing you on your special day makes me rather blue
But know I mean this with all my heart, that I LOVE YOU!

So there you have it! I love her so much. And yes, my poem skills are out of this world :-)
"I'm a poet, and I wasn't even aware of it" --TayPalm

No comments:

Post a Comment