Once again Summer is just as fun and as adventurous as I would hope it to be. I am keeping myself busy with lots of sweet activities and memories that will last a life time. I wish I were better at taking pictures, but luckily I have friends who enjoy snapping shots. My one friend has some amazing pictures from my trip to Colorado that I can't wait for him to put up. Colorado is my new favorite place in the whole wide world. Here I am summited atop of a 14,309 ft mountain--Uncompaghre. I am there with the girls that I did the hike with--they were so much fun to camp with!

This view doesn't do justice to how beautiful it was.
You are just going to have to do the hike yourself to see.
I love hiking!!!

And I am in love with the flowers there. I love flowers so much.
Colorado is paradise for me--I cannot wait to go back in the fall when everything is all fall colors.

After Colorado, during our drive home we took a detour and visited the national park Mesa Verde. It was pretty neat there, lots of cool Indian dwellings. And interesting people.
But speaking in an Austrialian/German/English accent on the whole way home was the best. Some of my buddies I drove home with I also went to do this thing called the Human Sling Shot earlier that week. Here is a picture of us all getting ready to sling shot someone.
No, I didn't do it...I got a little scared.
I'll post a video of it though when I do get the courage to do it.

And the last picture I have tracked down here was when me and my Summer roommates went to a giant slip in slide at Rock Canyon park.
It was quite the riot--absolutely a blast though. Look at how graceful we are :-)

I know there are PLENTY more things that I have done, I just don't photograph them. I think I am going to make that a goal of mine to take more pictures of things that I do, especially when I am somewhere new in the world and I want to remember my experiences there.
Oh did I just give it away? Yes....I think I did. Well the cat is out of the bag. I recently just finished my Mission Papers, so this Sister right here should hear back in 2 weeks of where I will be serving for the next 18 months. I am so extremely excited!!!

{ya, this is the picture I sent to the first presidency to see. I look a little fried...
almost like the day before I had been in the sun hiking all day haha.}
That slip n' slide looks epic! Haha. talk about awesome. And I don't even know why I'm reminding you, cause I know you're already gonna do this, but call me IMMEDIATELY after you get your call. I know you have lots of people to share the news with, so don't forget about me :] I'm nervous/excited/anxious for you!
ReplyDeletei just shed a tear. in the library. how embarrassing. but seriously?! hillary are you joking me?! i'm so so excited for you! you will be the VERY BEST missionary...ever.
ReplyDeletelove you, lady.
party at our place after the papers come. xoxooxox
HILARY!!!! I have to know where you are serving as SOON as you find out!! ahhh. im SO excited for you!
ReplyDelete