Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Thursday Night--New Favorite Day of the Week

Txt conversation I had with Ashley last night:

A: I love you so much. Like really. Thanks for blessing my life.
H: Am I going to get this every Thursday night :-) I love you so much too, you really help me be a better person.
A: Probably haha. I turn into a sobbing mess. I should say it to you every day though.
H: You are so awesome. Let's be friends forever.
A: Okay. I'm so down with that it's unreal.

You are probably wondering why the "Thursday Night" is significant. It is because Ashley is working as an EFY counselor (only the most righteous of the awesome can have THAT job) and if you have ever done an EFY, you would know that on Thursdays you wear your Sunday clothes and that evening after a very spiritual presentation your group gathers together and has a testimony meeting. From the EFY's I have attended, this is always the night that touches me the most and makes me go home a changed person. I haven't gone to an EFY in 3 years, and nor will I ever attend one again. But having my best friend work there and send me nice spiritual up lifters is more than what I could ask for.

Both of my friends Ashley and Marlee have the amazing opportunities to bear their testimonies each week (if not more often than that) to a younger group of girls. I am so excited for them that they are having those experiences.

Just a beautiful quote from Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf given from the Oct 2006 General Conference:

"When we bear testimony, we declare the absolute truth of the gospel message. In a time when many perceive truth as relative, a declaration of absolute truth is not very popular, nor does it seem politically correct or opportune. Testimonies of things how “they really are” (Jacob 4:13) are bold, true, and vital because they have eternal consequences for mankind. Satan wouldn’t mind if we declared the message of our faith and gospel doctrine as negotiable according to circumstances. Our firm conviction of gospel truth is an anchor in our lives; it is steady and reliable as the North Star."

Let's just be honest. My original plans of going to school in the fall, working, dating, and doing what I have been doing for 2 years just isn't going to cut it. I want to be out in the world, bearing my testimony to those who want to hear it.

I'm excited. I'm so excited. I feel like I hit a gold mine, I finally figured out where I want to be.

Updates Soon. Yes I'm being purposefully vague.

If you haven't seen this, enjoy. This is now part of my daily routine.


2 comments:

  1. mission? yes please and thank you bye.

    can you guys come over for dinner soon?

    ReplyDelete