March 7, 2011
Hola!!
This week literally every night after planning i just go lie on my bed and fall asleep instantly. we worked SOO hard everyday. Didnt take breaks, contacted always, just like worked worked worked a fool. but it was such a rewarding week as well. Cesear may get baptized this week,I so so so hope so. we were seeing him kinda get hesitant but we had a fast with him and i really think he is going to. he knows its true, he is just scared to leave Catholicism. But we taught a ton, and it was just great. each night our district leader is supposed to call us and each night he has woken us up haha. i just tell my comp "man, when i get home I'm going in a week long coma" that's just what the mission is--a lot of work and not a lot of sleep.
So with the letters i go, about everyone gave me an awesome Jimmer update. One of Kusileks friends sent a newspaper clipping of a huge picture of him, that is hanging on our wall. I hope president doesn't come soon and see that he is next to the prophet. haha Just wanted everyone to know we got BYU spirit all the way in Argentina tambien.
So this week we did something kinda cool to get more contacts. we had an activity in the park, where we invited all the elders in our zone to a park in our area, then we just contacted everyone there. We had a stand with folletos (pamphlets) and members from our ward as well. People were nice, rude, pretty much all of the above, but it was really good practice for me to speak more. My speaking as gotten a lot better, and I understand a lot more too. sometimes I liked not understanding, especially the weird comments men make at us. "rubia rubia te amo oh hermosa te amo mucho" what the heck? haha it just makes me laugh.
Though my speaking has gotten better, I want to help those out there learning Spanish. "verguenza" means embarrassed. "embaressado" means pregnant. ya don't mix that up, it will only make you more embarrassed.
The other day we were walking and we say the coolest watering hole by this villa. We walked to see it better, only to see it completely filled with trash. it was so sad. For some reason people here just throw all their trash in the river. For my little Oregonian heart it just rips it apart. but as we were looking in the trash, we saw a wild turtle!!! it was soo cool! It was a moment i wish i had my camera for, but i never take my camera with me while working. makes up for when i didnt see a turtle in Hawaii, I was my first crazy wild animal in Argentina!!! (besides the dogs. and yes, i still hate the dogs here)
Well that is all with me. I'm doing wonderfully. I'm super tan and couldn't be happier working for the Lord. This is the greatest calling i have ever had. I love bearing my testimony to people in Spanish. Sometimes its hard because in words i cannot express how much i love this gospel to them (esp in Spanish words) but they can see it in my eyes that what I'm saying i mean it with all my heart.
Chao, les quiero mucho. GO BYU!!!
hermana collins
No comments:
Post a Comment