Well we got a crazy call on Monday morning saying that we are both leaving San Nicolas, and the ward is going to be closed from missionaries for a bit. iI understood why when they said that because the members are great, but this area is just terrible and the people really don't want to listen. Our best investigator who is going to get baptized soon moved to the neighboring ward...and literally no one will commit to coming to church, reading, anything. I would normally feel so bad about being the missionary who closed an area, but
I know that I worked as hard as I could, our numbers were not terrible (well minus that we didn't have any baptisms) and the Lord knows that we did all we could. I found out today that I'm going to be comp mayor (the companion with more time) for Hermana Kastigar from Arizona, she has only 2 transfers in the mission (I'm her "stepmom"). I'm nervous but very excited to be her comp cuz I've met her once and she is very cool. We will be in Rosario, in a little pueblito 20 mins from the mission home called Funes. I also visited Funes when I had to stay there a few days after Hna Kusilek finished her mission. And the Elders in the zone were all in my zone from Paraná, so I'm really excited for the change because it's going to be an awesome area, awesome comp, awesome zone. The Lord heard my many, many prayers in San Nicolás and now I know this transfer I will be blessed for working hard when it was very tough.
Even though I had only 1 transfer here, I could not believe how sad people were to see me go. This transfer I worked really hard on talking more so I became close with a lot of members and they cried so hard when we said we were going. I will miss them so much. One member is a hairstylist and before we left cut our hair, oh my goodness I'm not going to lie, its the best hair cut I've ever had in my life. I am tempted to find a way to fly to Argentina frequently to get my hair cut by her, or tell her to live close to me all my life. Another lady gave me a beautiful carpincha purse, gosh packing for each area is terrible because my stuff is growing! Luckily I was able to give away some clothes to my friends.
One other exciting thing, in my transfer with hna young, we found a girl named Brunilda (terrible name) and started teaching her. We had some of the most spiritual lessons with her that I have ever had, lessons where all of us were crying because the spirit was just incredible. When I left Paraná she was still progressing a little but struggled to accept a date to be baptized. Well hna young called me to tell me that she is going to be baptized on the 27th! I'm so so thrilled. Yay Brunilda!
And as for Susanna, she moved wards with her husband so she will keep progressing with the Elders hopefully. I love her so much and I am sad to leave her because she means so much to me. All the people here I meet do.
I have 9 months in the mission. WHAT??? In this mission, when its the hermanas 9 month mark we take a "prego" picture. but this cyber doesn't have a cord so I cant show you all...next week. in Funes.
That's all my crazy news. I love my mission so much. Pray for exito en Funes en Rosario!
Hermana Collins
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Chau San Nicolas. Hola Funes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment