Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Here is what happens when I get bored with Homework

When finals seem like too much
And projects and tests overflow
I sit down and find my release
Spontaneous poetry time here I go!

This semester has been lots of fun
The classes did not to seem as bad
Because last semester I failed anatomy...
...Yea that makes me pretty mad.

But is all good because besides school
I have been in love with this year
From all the fun times I have had
Without consuming one ounce of beer

I coached a basketball team
Better known as Rock Canyon 3
My parents came and gave me a surprise
A new car! I named her Elsie :-)

Some weekends went by with lots of business
While other were quite lazy
Many consisted of very long runs
Yes, I agree, 20 miles is crazy

Thanks to roommates and new friends
My music taste is enlarged
I love to drive to it, lounge to it,
And it pumps me up during runs, making me feel supercharged!

Friend I have made here are great to see everyday
But Skype helps me connect
With those in Eugene, New York, and so on
Mostly, people whom I'll never neglect

A year ago this time, my guy friends were all called
On missions, to soon then go away
Almost a year has gone since then
But another year will pass until they are back to stay

Marlee got two jobs in one day
Workin this summer and at spoon it up!
I visit her quite frequently,
But I only eat from the sample cup

Libby is fantastic nurse
And she can dance like Beyonce
I will miss her this summer
Where we cannot embrace everyday

Today I was at work
When Shlee came in and asked my day plan
I realized we sounded like a married couple
Which could be true, if she were a man

But she quite isn't
So a best friend she will be
Adventures is what we love
Whether Cali, Oregon, or Tennessee

This poem makes no sense
And has gone on long enough
I better get back to my homework
Such, Such boring stuff...



No comments:

Post a Comment