
Last Thursday, I went on a fun day adventure and drove to Bend, Oregon to see my good high school friend Kathryn. She used to live in Wilsonville but when she went to college her family moved to Bend (one of the coolest places in the world) so seeing her during breaks didn't happen much anymore. So she invited me to go and do my favorite thing in the world--hike--with her and her sister that day. We went and summited the South Sister, a hike I have done 2 times before but always loved.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures (Kathryn did luckily) which are below. I also cannot find the pictures from the year before when I did that hike with my dad and my friend Taylor. But at the top of this blog, that main picture is me on top of that mountain. And here is one of me from the first time climbing it at the top, which is actually a giant glacier. Pretty dang cool.

Anyone know any more cool hikes I can do? Look at me, I'm now summiting the same mountains over and over because I can't find other hikes myself :-)
Here are the pics Kathryn and her sister took. They are AWESOME!

Highest lake in Oregon

Turns out the top is just a big ol' glacier. Pretty neat though.


This is the view from one side; I think it is a funny angle of Broken Top,
but I can't quite remember.

The view from the other side, the more spectacular one. Look at them mountains!
drive down to brighton and come hiking with us tomorrow!!!
ReplyDelete:-( aw that sounds amazing...I wanted to do that so bad this summer! Take me summer 2012.
ReplyDelete