This weekend I got to go on my best adventure yet--HOME! Thursday night I flew over the vast green forrest that I live in and landed in the PDX. I know that everyone was so sick of it at that point in time, but it rained most of the time I was home. I couldn't have been happier.
My weekend consisted of constantly going and going and going, but that's how I like to be sometimes. I'm a happy mix of action vacations and relax vacations (a solid mix I get from my mom and my dad). But the next day I got to go down to Eugene and watch the High School State Track meet. I drove with my bestie Tessa and we got to see our other bestie Kristen. While in Track Town USA, we roamed the dorms, looked at neat buildings, ran Pre's trail, saw Pre's rock, saw lots of other friends there, and of course made a necessary stop at Track Town Pizza (this time, not for pizza, but for directions).
It was so much fun to be with them for old times sakes. They are the best. And Boothy (our friend we went to watch) got 4th in the 3000 meters!!! Way to go stud! If I would've gone the next day, I could have seen my favorite Lizzy take 3rd in the 4x100 relay. She is so boss.But I didn't get to venture to Eugene for the second day of state BECAUSE I had something else even better planned. Me and my papa went to the Washington-Oregon Gorge and did some hiking around there. It was very wet in the morning (of course, typical Oregon) but still amazing. Check out the trail:
It does not get much better than that. The very top was a giant wind tunnel and rain storm, so no pics were taken there. This is probably one of my top 5 favorite hikes now.The rest of the weekend was filled with family and lots of playing. Ultimate Bump contests, tennis matches, walks, tossing around a football, playing with the chickens, all wrapped up with some lounging around and talking.
This boy was gone for the first day I was home because he was busy winning the hearts of every 6th grade girl. Who does he think he is, Justin Bieber?
Don't tell him that, his head is already too big ;-)May I say it one more time? I love being home. Great company, great fun, my heart with filled with love and happiness the entire time.
No comments:
Post a Comment