Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Better Days are Gonna Get Better

Before I recap, let me say this.
If I ever have given the impression to anyone that I know what I am doing, where I am going, if I have everything figured out, and what will be next in my life--
You were misinformed.
Life is like the DisneyLand ride Space Mountain.
No one can see what turn is next,
No one can see when the uphills are, where the downhills are, or when the ride will end.
And if you are me, you will be caught off guard, often making a ridiculous faceAnd yet, it's one of the best rides ever.

Ok, enough about my theories of life. No one really cares bout that. How about more of what the heck I have been up to! Let's see....
~Summer term started. Which means Spring term ended. Spring was fun, but I do have to say I love not taking classes now. My brain appreciates the break. Now I have a stack of books here at work I am looking forward to reading.
~I went camping to Moab again, SO much fun. I went hiking in Devils garden, went to delicate arch again (that will never cease to amaze me), and played in a water pond. And slept on a rock with the most amazing view of the cliffs there. B-e-a-utiful.
~After working a bit more, I took another trip back home to Oregon. Man alive, this was one of the most beautiful times I have ever been home. The 4 months of solid rain gave Oregon a stunning glow of greens in the trees, richness in the flowers, and brightness in the blue sky. I saw everyone I wanted to see, played with NICK WALTER who is now home :-) and realized I love landscaping. How do I get into that if I won't have a yard of my own for a while? I'll figure that out.
~I came home, and within 2.5 minutes of being home, was invited to go spend the next day boating at Flaming Gorge in Wyoming slash Utah. Hey, why not. It's summer, and I have been dying for a day of boating. BOY was it worth it. I learned to slalom ski, wakeboard (not out of the wake yet), I cliff jumped lots of places, camped on an arch over looking the lake, and got the sun I have been desperately needing. I loved yesterday so much. Makes today at work a lot more fun and fulfilling for me.

That is where I have been recently. I do seem like I play a lot, but right now in my life, I feel like I am not faced in any direction to go. I have some goals for the future months though--BIG goals. I figured I should do what I know is best for me for now. Like I said before, I may sound like I have things figured out. I don't. But I see things going in a great direction for me. Don't anyone worry. This girl has some big, great plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment