Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

christmas is comin'

December 5, 2011
Sorry, I feel like my emails are getting shorter and shorter. I have been here for so long that I feel like everything is normal now, and my companion has to remind me of how crazy and different Argentina is from the real life. haha I enjoy it greatly.
I got Bekah's wedding invite! She looks stunning (as normal) but her and lane make a very cute couple. I'm was happy to get that, a little bummed to know I'm missing another friends wedding. así es la vida. (that's life)
This week Hermana Young got to come stay with us for a night!!! That was SO fun, I haven't seen her since June.
It was so good to see her, she is one of my best friends in the mission. She came with her comp, Hermana olivares, who is from El Salvador. I am convinced everyone from El Salvador is awesome. I may go live there. haha just kidding, kinda...
We had a stake conference and we had an extremely good turn out. The stake leaders for this stake are incredible. we are working so so so hard to get a temple here in Rosario. I feel so blessed the Lord has put me here, because I love working for a goal like that, as the stake we all worked to set little goals so we can get to that point, and I feel like we are so close. A temple here will be INCREDIBLE. and they have the land bought and scooped out for the temple here in Funes :-) even more special for this branch.
Well that's pretty much it. We don't have a lot of new investigators right now, they have all been trying to give us back the book of Mormon which I hate it when they do that and I never except it. I only did one time because the lady screamed at me, but the rest of the time I would rather have them keep it por las dudas.(Just in case.) But we have been having a lot of success with menos activos (less active) familias becoming reactivated, which to me is just as exciting as a baptism, esp when they take up the challenge to prepare themselves to go to the temple.
Hermana Tourtillott ate her first asado this week. She liked it. You know who Hermana Tourtillott reminds me of? kristine olson. that's probably why I love her so much. I
 hope everyone is having a great time preparing for Christmas, I know Christmas will be so different here but I am looking for tons of ways to still make it so special. I love Christmas so much because it is just a beautiful reminder that Jesus Christ was born for us to redeem our souls. His birth is a miracle, and His life is an example. happy Christmas! early!
hermana collins
*From Nancy-I tried to translate what I could. Asado translates to a roast. Hilary has told me she has to eat A LOT of meat down there.



 Reply

 Reply to all

 Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment