December 12, 2011
PS mama, prez hasn't said anything about calls. I'll let you know next week.
ANYWAYS, how's y'all doing? It is getting quite hot here and I'm all tan and I love it. Not the sweating part, not the funny tan lines on my legs, but my tan line from my watch, I love, and my hair is a really weird color blond now. It's all right. I've just accepted I'll be ugly the rest of my mission and then go home and try to fix the mess of the crazy look I have now. I don't know if any of that made sense. Sorry.
This week was a little rough. But the best part was that the Elders in our district baptized 2 girls who were 19 and they wanted us to go to the baptism to meet them (because they are kinda our age) they were SUPER cool, and after talking and them asking questions one asked what she needed to do to go on a mission. She said now she really wants to go. I thought that was cool. Then she asked if I could bear my testimony at the end of her baptism in front of everyone. I bear my testimony like 300 times a day, but for some reason when I was bearing my testimony right in that moment, I was REALLY overwhelmed with the spirit. It was a very neat feeling. when I said "I know God loves me" I was so extremely overcome with the spirit. It was weird, because ya this week was hard, and we have been struggling finding people to just simply listen to us, but to say that sentence and just have that feeling made it so real to me. God does love us, so much. I know it is true. I know it.
This week we passed by a lot of less active families (because no investigators or people wanted to listen...) and when we asked their kids why we celebrated Christmas, none of them knew why! They were like "its all about Santa clause right?" I thought it was just a joke that people didn't know why we celebrated. We had to read Lucas 2 with A LOT of people. Bummer less and less people know why we even have the holiday Christmas....
Another cool thing was that we went to Rosario so Hermana Tourtillott could do visa stuff. I feel super cool now I can travel around a huge foreign city and be fine. Never thought I would ever do that, but Rosario is a really cool city, very beautiful.
Well, that's all! Talk to you next week! felices fiestas!!!
hermana collins
No comments:
Post a Comment