Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm 22 and that's weird!!!!

October 10, 2011
Hello everyone! thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a wonderful. I have the greatest comp ever--listen to what she did. Thrusday morning the alarm went off at 6am, which normally we wake up at 6:30 so i was all confused why it went off earlier. Then hna kastigar said "happy birthday! we are going to go running this morning for an hour!" Oh i was so happy! We run most mornings but not for too long because we need to get ready, but we went to this plaza we always go to and i got to run for an hour! It was so great! and so nice and thoughtful of her! OK, most people wouldn't think that is that special, but for me it was the best ever. Then i rolled over in my bed and saw a huge sign that she made for me. She is so darling. We came home and she made pancakes for breakfast, they were dang good, we ate them plain but it was still delicious. THEN she bought me really cute earrings! She is the best. It was a fantastic birthday. A family gave me lunch and another member and an investigator made me a torta (cake). I didn't eat the healthiest this week, but that's the purpose of a birthday right? It was very fun. Still the life of a missionary, but fun nonetheless :-) and i did get mamas package and lots of the dear elders with Marlee's and Karissa's mtc letters. Man hearing about the MTC makes me a little trunky! I hope they are lovin it. But tell karissa that she wont find very much cerveza in the MTC, and good thing she made that mistake in the MTC and not in Argentina where beer is very accessible haha.
This week we worked like DOGS! ok, bad analogy, the dogs here are gross and lazy. We worked like HARD CORE MISSIONARIES. We exceeded all the numbers that the mission sets up for us to try to get each week, which are normally really high and people don't hit some of them, let alone all of them. But we wanted Miguel to get baptized so bad on Saturday and we were literally going to do everything in our will to make it happen, so we worked harder than we thought was possible. We  made all of the goals, BUT....Miguel didn't get baptized. He said he still needs more time. KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS. He is awesome and I know he will get baptized, I think he is a little scared to make this change in his life. Even though he has already made a lot of changes and is so happy, i think he is scared. I don't know. But anyways, we still had a baptism this week, it was for a little boy named Santiago. His family are members and he just needed the help from the missionaries to help prepare him to be baptized. His family (the flia reynoso) have 5 boys from ages 2-12, and 3 of the boys are autistic. I feel so bad for the poor mom, 3 autistic kids, can you imagine??? Santi is autistic as well so sometimes it was hard to teach him, but i think he understood. We always used little actions or something to help him stay focused. Ok, so to help Miguel feel better, we invited him to the baptism of Santi so he could see how it is. When Santi was in the water for his baptism, he started freaking out and crying and yelling "no quiero! no quiero!" and i was SUPER embarrassed because here we have an investigator who is a little nervous to be baptized, and now the kid is yelling how he doesn't want to. They had to close the doors so no one could see the baptism and kick him out under his legs so he would get under the water. haha BUT at least the confirmation was beautiful and the spirit was incredible.
I must say, the work in our area has been going so awesome. I guess Funes has always been known as a little more of a dead area, but i think its the best and is just on fire. I love my area, I love this branch, i LOVE my comp, she is the tightest. We are like 2 peas in a pod. I have no cool bike stories this week because it rained and we learned our lesson that we do not bike in the rain.
OK that is all! i love you so much! thank you for all the prayers and support, i am so happy to be here. its so hard, like so so hard. But i love every minute.
keep it real peeps!
hermana collins

No comments:

Post a Comment