September 16, 2011
Well hola :-) this week was good. Since we got the bicycles this area has ROCKED. We were able to double the amount of lessons we normally teach in a week because we could get to everywhere in a jiffy. Plus, its giving my legs a good workout. Plus, because we have to wear helmets, guys don't yell gross inappropriate things to us and instead yell "haha look at those girls with helmets!" which I don't really mind at all :-)
We did have one funny experience on our bikes though. So on Friday we had plans to go to our other pueblo called Roldán, which I think is about 5 miles away. We usually take a colectivo there, but since we have our bikes now I thought about just biking to save money and time. It was a good idea but...as we were biking on the quiet dirt road we were watching some intense lightning storms. They were SOOO cool, like covered the sky. The thunder was way scary though, like boomed not even 2 seconds after each strike. but then it started raining a lot, and as it rained harder and harder, the bikes started getting super hard to ride. Let me explain, we arn't riding nice mountain bikes, our bikes are cute beach bikes with baskets. The wheels have no traction and as we kept biking in the mud, each pedal would gather more and more mud. The roads were getting slick and we kept falling off our bikes and slipping into the mud. We had an appointment in 2 hours that was really important to us, and we didn't want to show up filthy. I suggested we just turn around, say it was lesson learned, and shower before the appointment.Good thing we did, because the way home was worse. We literally could not pedal, and we were falling and it was SOO hard. At one point Hermana Kastigar fell and the bike hit her chest really hard and we just laid in the mud exhausted. We offered a prayer together asking for strength to just make it home. The Lord heard our prayer, we made it home, laughing and enjoying ourselves, and made it in time to shower, and have that awesome lesson.
That lesson was with our awesome investigator, Miguel. HE CAME TO CHURCH! I cannot tell you HOW HARD it is to get people to come to church here. This Sunday though was a miracle. We finally had a lot of our investigators come, and they all cried because they felt the spirit so much. It was a beautiful Sunday.
Not much more to report this week. Today we had a special p-day and watched a movie with our mission president and his wife. We watched "gods army". Not gonna say I liked it too much, it was a little weird, but I really love the president and his wife so I got to talk to them a lot and that was great.
I love you all so much. Oh I was looking at my comps MTC pics, she was in the same zone as Claire Jeanfro! how cool! That was awesome to see her in the pics. I know this church is true with all my heart. I have had so many special spiritual experiences I cannot express in email, but I can testify that I know my savior lives and cares for all of us individually.
hermana collins
No comments:
Post a Comment